Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 4 of Detox

I made quinoa porridge with raspberries for breakfast today. What I love about this meal is that it takes literally 4 minutes to make. I boil the kettle, pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan, add ½ cup quinoa flakes and ½ cup frozen raspberries then simmer for 2 minutes. This is a nice high protein breakfast with a boost of antioxidants!

I then had IKU for lunch as this is the most wonderful organic fast food! I rely on it quite a lot when I am working and busy. IKU is vegetarian, organic food with a focus on macrobiotic philosophies.

I spent ½ hour in the steam room today and then had a cold shower directly afterwards. This is a wonderful way to open your pores to facilitate toxin release and then stimulate lymphatic flow around the body. We carry toxins in the lymph tissue and it needs to be manually moved in order to be shifted around the body. As we move, our muscles contract and this has the effect of pushing lymph. This greatly facilitates toxin removal and I can’t emphasise enough the importance of this during detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment