Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 14 of Detox


Thanks goodness for the cool change as I was beginning to have difficulties sleeping. I went to Bondi again early morning but it was really rough and I had to skip the swim. Instead I walked the beach twice, had a laugh at all the boys working out and marvelled once again at how individual the human body is – so many shapes and sizes!

I then went to the gym and again beat my record on the rower – it now stands at 10minutes and 24 seconds. Rachel came with me and it really helps to have a “row off” as it does make me competitive. My thighs and butt were aching but I need to focus on them as I think they have dropped a bit – oh dear, must have been when I wasn’t looking!

I am really starting to feel my fitness get to the next level and that makes me happy. One of my goals this year is to be as physically healthy as possible and I have made a fantastic start to the year so far.

Lunch was on the run and consisted of a tuna salad and fresh juice of lemon, pineapple and mint. I haven’t felt like much juice on this detox but that may kick in during week 3 as I get sick of the taste of water. There are so many options for fluids though – I love my tea as it makes me feel so relaxed and refreshed. Then there is dandelion leaf tea which is wonderful for fluid retention and also a liver tonic. Chlorophyll adds a nice minty flavour to water and I love it really chilled for a workout.

Question for the day – what would you do with your time if you didn’t have to work for money? The answer will be indicative of your passions and I believe these are vital to include in your life as they will feed your soul. I have written on my mirror: “self care = self love” and that is essential to look at. We watched “The Bucket List” last night and it is a touching movie. Basically, it is a list of things you want to achieve before you die. Try doing one – be as imaginative as possible and stick it on your fridge. On mine is: spend time in a small village overseas, foster animals, do a yoga retreat by the sea etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment