Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 2 of Detox

I can’t believe it! I woke up this morning to a cold – head pounding, razor blade throat and aching muscles. I had to cancel my 6am walk and also business lunch to stay in my pyjamas on the couch reading. I am reading “Blink” by Malcolm Gladwell which is just phenomenal – I highly recommend it. Oh I don’t often fall ill but when I have been overdoing it my body lets me know. Being sick is also an effective way that your body releases toxins – often people fall ill on their detox and as long as it is just a cold or a few days of upset tummy it is fine.

Just eat lightly and rest – if you can get to a steam room then go for it. Otherwise do a steam inhalation at home with a bowl of hot water, some eucalyptus oil and a towel. Just immerse your head under the towel, take nice deep belly breathes for 2 minutes, then stop and go back for another inhalation every 5 minutes for a total of 30 minutes. Make some freshly grated ginger tea but it needs to be very strong. I find using a wooden ginger grater just fabulous for this.

I took the opportunity to do some cooking today – some split pea soup and stewed fruits. So the freezer has even more meals in it for those days when I am busy at work or simply have unexpected guests.

Hopefully I will feel a little better tomorrow but I am using today as an opportunity to write down my detox goals ( I want to work on my fitness and also obtain incredible mental clarity as I have a lot of business planning to do) and do some meditation. Detoxification is also a mental and emotional process so don’t forget that you need to work on those levels as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment