Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 25 of Detox

I woke early to go to the gym and felt rather tired for the first time in weeks. I did my cardio which all seemed very difficult and my time on the rower was 10minutes, 48 seconds, which as you know, was not great. Then I realised that I had my period – oh, it all clicks into place now!

Day 23 was a shocker for me – unorganised, cranky, I think I cried 3 times in that day and I was so irritated. You know what makes me chuckle quietly? It’s the fact that every time I get my period I have an “ahaa!” moment, like it is so unexpected! I can hear the mental process now “so that explains why I felt so emotional, tired, irrational etc”. It occurs every month but each month it still comes as a surprise. So anyway, I left the gym and came home to do a 20 minute express Pilates DVD (love these when I am feeling lazy) and have a nice breakfast of gluten free cereal, white peach and apple juice.

I made a smoothie to take to clinic – a banana, 2 passion fruits, frozen berries, oat milk, flaxseed oil and probiotic. I then had my last watercress soup from the freezer and I had forgotten how nutritious it is. It is packed with antioxidants, minerals and especially iron which I really need right now. I can feel the goodness seeping into my cells! Todays photo is my soup.

Dinner was stunning red snapper fillets, which are perfect on the BBQ. Ensure you have a really hot surface, a little olive oil, put the fish skin side up and sear the surface, turn it over just briefly then turn it back again, put the lid down on the BBQ and let it cook for approximately 3 minutes. Then I always like to let the fish rest for a few minutes while I dress the salads so that it becomes really tender.

Today I bought a quick slice mandolin!!! This is a kitchen implement that very thinly slices vegetables. I love this so much it is geeky! So I made one salad with red cabbage and a dressing of red wine vinegar, EVOO, salt and pepper. I aimed to just let the red cabbage shine as it was a perfect specimen. The other salad contained mixed lettuce, carrot, cucumber, avocado, snow peas and sugar snap peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment