Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 10 of Detox

Wow, today is so hot that I barely feel like eating anything but salad. I adore hot weather but not when I am working! There is nothing like the feel of those long summer nights, it reminds me of being a kid and eating sorbet. I had a “coffee” date with a girlfriend this morning but she forgot – I happily sipped my peppermint tea and read the paper. My brother and adored niece popped in so I managed to grab some express cuddles before I began my working day. Breakfast was some stone fruit and then I made a smoothie (same as yesterday).

I took an apple and some salad to snack on as I usually have lunch late. Again I went to IKU for lunch and had a cannellini bean pie with salad and their delicious tahini based dressing. A patient called me and told me she is pregnant – our treatment plan had her aiming for later in the year but her health has improved so much that she fell now!

I really feel water logged today – over 4 litres in total! I think I sweated at least half of it out though so I hope my organic deodorant is working hard – we do excrete toxins though sweat so you may be a little smellier during a detox.

Dinner was amazing – BBQ wild salmon with blanched flat beans, zucchini and corn. I found the most incredible ingredient today – finger limes. I had eaten them at The Golden Door but have not seen them in shops in Sydney. Anyway, they are about 2 inches long, dark green and very expensive. But cut them in half lengthways and scoop out the hundreds of pearl like orbs. Pop one in your mouth and be prepared for a burst of sunshine! So, for the dressing on the salmon I combined half a finger lime, lemon zest, parsley, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Talk about an antioxidant rich dinner!

I am now sipping on my dandelion leaf tea and about to book into a Reiki course – I need to unblock my sacral chakra and I think that will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment