Chlorophyll is what gives plants their green pigmentation. It absorbs the sunlight and turns the energy from the sun into usable energy through a process called photosynthesis. There are many health benefits associated with consuming chlorophyll.
- · Research suggests that chlorophyll has an alkalising effect on your body and consuming chlorophyll daily is my number 1 detox tip!
- · Chlorophyll has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties.
- · Helps with the growth and repair of tissues.
- · Helps to neutralize the pollution that we breathe in every day.
- · Natural deodoriser to reduce bad breath and body odour.
- · Neutralizes free radicals that do damage to healthy cells.
- · Research suggests that chlorophyll has the potential in stimulating red blood cells to improve oxygen supply.
- · Useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy metals.
- · Delivers magnesium and helps the blood in carrying oxygen to all cells and tissues.
The main sources of chlorophyll are green leafy plants however the therapeutic benefits are destroyed during cooking therefore supplements are the best option. Chlorophyll supplements are available as extracts, liquids, capsules and tablets. Other sources of chlorophyll include green tea, alfalfa, parsley, spirulina and barley grass.