Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Luscious Wines - Guilt Free and What Tasty Little Numbers!


I recently spent a few days at the Golden Door Health Retreat as a guest presenter and what a wonderful few days it was! As I drove through the countryside at dusk, I was reminded of just how glorious the Hunter is. An unusually high summer rainfall had left in its wake fertile, green, rolling hills covered in vineyards. It took all my willpower to keep on driving and focus on the weight loss seminars and superfood cooking workshops that was about to keep me busy – damn that work business!

So, after I had completed my days of inspiration and motivation, I set off down the road to visit Lou Davidson at Tamburlaine Winery. You may remember my pre Christmas post about organic wines where they featured as one of my favourites. I love so many things about this place it’s hard to keep it to a short blog but I will try my best!

First of all it is their commitment to organic that impresses me the most. They started making their way organic in 1998 and were certified in 2001. Becoming a certified producer is no mean feat and it takes time, money, passion and a strong belief to get that little logo! All the kitchen waste and water is recycled, seaweed fertiliser is used on the grounds, extreme heat in the warehouse is combated by straw bale insulating, high pressure steam is used to kill weeds, and even the tractors are run on soybean oil! Now for this Eco Girl, that’s a lot of ticked boxes!

Secondly, Lou has the absolute perfect venue for a dream event – as she showed me around I already had my next birthday planned out. Casuarina Catering organise all the food – ingredients are sourced locally and the menu sounds delicious. There is the most gorgeous lake with a perfect balcony for pre dinner cocktails. Add a live band, romantic candles, some organic wines and it sounds like an exceptional night out!

Tamburlaine has an export market that is increasing as we speak – those clever folk in Sweden and China know just how terrible chemicals are. So, take advantage of the member’s discounts and join up, order your next dozen bottles and know that when you sip that gorgeous drop, you are participating in a clean, green product that tastes stunning. Thanks again Lou, for your wonderful tour.

Emm
Xxx

PS My personal fav is the 2008 Verdelho at the moment

PPS Mich, I couldn’t help but have a little taste

PPPS BUT I bought lots more for us to share!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emm, your experience sounds wonderful. Glad you like the wine. Thanks for getting more wine. Can't wait to drink it with in moderation ! Mich xx

    ReplyDelete