Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Bopha Devi Does it Again!

I went to Bopha Devi (Goddess of Divine Heavenly Flower) at the Docklands in Melbourne for our final family dinner - 10 days straight of eating, drinking and making merry! My parents love this place and are always telling me about their latest favorite dish so it had a lot to live up to! I have never eaten Cambodian food before (not sure how I missed that one!) so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The restaurant is gorgeous, very Melbourne and the food was amazing. It is an exotic fusion of Chinese, Indian and French influences and the emphasis is placed on the freshness of the ingredients and simplicity of cooking. This allows the aromas, flavours and textures to shine. I must say, it was incredibly healthy and the use of herbs and spices was very clever. From star anise to lemongrass to ginger, each flavour was expertly matched.

We shared everything as that way you can really make the most of the experience. Not one dish failed to impress me. We started with a selection of Little Bites that were tasty and had me fighting over the last piece of prawn cake with my 21 month old niece! The mains were equally as delicious and all accompanied by a lovely Pizzini Pinot grigio from the King Valley. I particularly loved the pan fried barramundi with julienne ginger and salted soybeans. I really loved this restaurant so if you are heading to Melbourne, make a booking and enjoy!

PS. Yes - Detox month is coming soon!!!

Emm
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment