Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Too Hot for Dinner!!!

Ok, I returned home after a long day at work, it has been oppressively hot and muggy and a storm has lingered on the horizon for way too long. It is still 30C while I write this! My appetite is always fantastic but on nights like this I just want to eat light, cooling food that doesn't heat up the kitchen and take forever. So, I wanted to share with you what I had this evening. I stopped off at the markets and bough fish on the way home, the rest I had on hand. I love this dish as a dinner party entree as it takes literally 10 minutes of prep and 5 minutes of assemblying. That means I am not stuck in the kitchen slaving over an oven while everyone else has fun!

I had a similar dish made for me while holidaying on the far north coast many years ago. I remember being dazzled by the exquisite flavours, the simplicity of the dish and how amazing I felt afterwards.

SO lovelies, get inspired and try this recipe out. Also, post your fav hot weather dishes - possibly a big bowl of yummy watermelon with shredded mint and Danish fetta could be my second fav!

Emm
xxx

Carpaccio

Ingredients
¼ cup orange juice
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp ruby grapefruit/pomegranate juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
300gr kingfish & salmon, very thinly sliced
1 red chilli
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp mint
1 small red onion, thinly sliced

Instructions
Mix orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil and fish sauce to make the dressing. Alternately place kingfish and salmon on a large serving plate Scatter chilli, coriander, mint, onion and grapefruit/pomegranate juice over the fish. Drizzle with dressing just before serving. Eat immediately - do not prepare this before eating as the fish will

PS It's still too hot to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment