Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

O Organic Produce to the Rescue!


On the weekend I organised an event for a very eclectic group of people and between them the dietary requirements were really varied - coeliac, vegetarian, dairy free, vegan and seafood allergy to name a few. I searched high and low to find a caterer that would be able to help me out. Most had no idea what I was talking about – I was amazed at their lack of knowledge. Finally I came across O Organic Produce and they were incredible. I go to their gorgeous cafe in Crown Street, Surry Hills and adore everything they do.


Now you know how much I love all things organic and when I read the O Organic promise I felt that I had found a kindred spirit! They promise “To create wholesome delicious food using fresh local produce where possible. To support our organic farmers. Respect the earth and stay true to the body's needs. Our promise is to create flavoursome food that is innovative and memorable.” How beautiful is that! I often enjoy popping in to the cafe for a fair trade coffee and an egg and bacon roll (sounds naughty but I feel virtuous as it is organic!).

Mick, the vibrant owner, organised all the food for my event without a hitch and he knew exactly what a coeliac must avoid! Everyone loved the delicious organic fare and I particularly enjoyed the Vietnamese rice paper rolls, inside out Nori rolls and vegetable tarts. I was hoping for a little left over’s for lunch the next day but there was barely a crumb in sight! I had a chat to Mick the next day and he explained to me how the Heart Foundation has just given them a tick.

So, if you need catering organised without stress and enjoy supporting a sustainable business then give O Organic a call. Once again Mick, the whole experience was perfect and I will be back for more!

Emm
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment