Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

EWG's Shoppers Guide to Pesticides Sneak Preview

I am an ardent fan of the EWG (Environmental Working Group), an amazing resource that you just have to bookmark. I have learnt so much over the years by reading their research, supporting their campaigns and following their advice. One of the best book I have ever read on chemicals was written by two of their scientist. FYI, it's called "Slow Death By A Rubber Duck" and it made a profound impact on my life. I suggest that you get a copy and read it, it's one of the best gifts you can give yourself.

As I am on their favorite list, they send me info before it's released to the general public. I have been waiting with bated breath for the release of their annual "Shoppers Guide to Pesticides" that lists the "dirty dozen" the top 12 ingredients that are most loaded with pesticides. SO, ensure that you only buy these foods organically:

1. celery
2. peaches
3. strawberries
4. apples
5. blueberries
6. nectarines
7. capsicum
8. spinach
9. kale
10. cherries
11. potatoes
12. grapes

So, go ahead and explore all of those links I have given you and let me know your feedback!

Emm
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment