Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Winter Colds and Flus

Well, I can't believe it but I have a revolting cold! A head filled with congestion, razor blade throat, a nasty cough and I feel miserable. I do find that more clients succumb to infections at the change of season than in winter itself. So I have made a huge batch of my immune boosting soup and wanted to share my recipe with you. Of course this soup is best when totally organic as the nutrient value will be much higher.

Ok so first let me explain why these ingredients are so wonderful for you:

Chicken - perfect protein to support your production of disease fighting immune molecules
Onion - helps to break down mucous
Garlic - a natural antibiotic
Ginger - stimulates circulation enabling more efficient clearing of toxins
Chilli - high in vitamin C
Enoki mushrooms - has properties that are anti cancer so can help fight any nasty bugs
Risoni - a great carbohydrate source for energy
Lemon - uplifts mood
Parsley - high in iron which stimulates immunity
Goji berries - traditionally used in China in convalescence, specifically in broths

Ingredients (use your inutition on quantities)
Chicken thighs
Chicken stock ( I always have some pre made in the freezer)
Onions
Garlic - lots
Ginger - lots
Chilli - lots
Enoki mushrooms
Risoni
Lemon zest and juice
Parsley
Goji berries

Method
Saute onions, garlic, chilli, ginger until soft. Add chicken thighs and brown them. Pour in your stock and simmer. Once chicken is cooked take it out and shred with a fork. Add chicken back in with risoni, Goji berries and enoki mushrooms. To serve, place lemon zest on the bottom of your bowl. Add soup and top off with lemon juice and parsley.

I have eaten nothing but this soup for the last 36 hours and have woken up this morning feeling so much better. I can actually breathe through my nose and my headache has gone. So, the next time you feel a nasty cold coming on remember this easy recipe and start cooking!

Emm
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment