Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

March Season of Autumn

What a special past 16 days we have had with Vancouver Winter Olympics. My brother's family live in Vancouver and have been lucky enough to attend some events - they even won tickets and touched a gold medal!..I spent most of my Sunday with an eye on ice figure skating - how graceful they glide along, i had such joy watching TV yesterday. Well, today is 1 March and for me this is one of my most favourite months of the year as it is both my sisters and mine birthday month. My sister turns 40 on 19 March and I am turning 33 on 22 March just 2 days apart, our preparations are underway for a month of celebrations...This morning i woke up early and went for a walk at drawn and realised that with the start of a new season; March- Autumn - we will be looking for figs, nashi, beans, celery, chestnuts, grapes, leeks, parsnips, pears, plums, sugar snap peas, pumpkins and fennel all at peak taste and quality and just waiting to be cooked with and eaten. Enjoy cooking good food tonight! Words by Michelle Thrift copyright 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment